ENGL102 Short Argumentative Essay Writing Prompt: Should OECD nations implement
ENGL102 Short Argumentative Essay
Writing Prompt: Should OECD nations implement a digital services tax (DST) on multinational tech
Sources: Your essay should be 500-700 words and use a minimum of two academic sources as support.
Essay format (five or six paragraphs)
1. Introduction (Introduces the topic and ends thesis statement that shows your stance)
2. Counter-argument paragraph (this is the other side; use language to show it’s not your opinion)
3. Refutation/Response to the counter-argument (aim to address/refute the specific points in the
4. Constructive paragraph 1 (supports your stance)
5. (Constructive paragraph 2 (supports your stance))
6. Conclusion: Review of main points + final statement
Submission/Date: Submit your paper on TurnItIn before class begins in Week 9.
A Title page in APA format
A 500-700-word argumentative essay
A References page citing your sources (two minimum) in APA format.
Content Requirements & Advice:
Do not use quotations; instead, demonstrate your paraphrasing skills.
Content (incl. strength of argument, depth of research, refutation of
counter-argument, quality of sources)
Organization (incl. coherence & cohesion, paragraph structure)
Lexical resource (incl. usage & spelling)
Grammatical resource (incl. structure & punctuation)
APA referencing (incl. in-text citation & paraphrasing, use of
academic sources, References, format)